Sunday, September 27, 2009

CDIABU - STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY MODULE

This is Micheal a model that I was shooting near the Potomac river in Georgetown, Washington D.C. for my Stock Photography module at CDIABU. Currently I am a photography student at the Center for Digital Imaging Arts at Boston University. In the Stock Photo module this week one of the keywords that I needed to shoot for was "freedom". My first thought was flying or someone jumping in the air. If I had a trampoline it would have been perfect. Instead, with the help of my classmates I set up a shoot in the park off K St. and had the model jumping off a bench. It was difficult to stop motion with the portable lighting kit that we brought out with us because of the ambient light of the sun and the slow sync speed of 1/250 sec that I can get from my D700. Any faster and I would not be able to capture the light from the strobe. In post, photomatix helped to bring out the detail and sharpen up Micheal flying through the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment